Whickham Medical Practice is a parkrun practice and we are linked with Saltwell Park parkrun.
Our goal is to encourage staff and patients to participate in parkrun as there are many benefits of getting involved, whether it be as a volunteer, or you want to walk, jog or run the 5k.
If you would like more information or would like to get involved, please contact Sue Jennings, Business Manager on email@example.com or 0191 488 555.
What is parkrun?
A community based physical activity organisation, with over 4 million registrants across the UK, attracting over 170,000 participants every week.
- A non profit that organises free, weekly 5k events every Saturday morning in areas of open space.
- There are also 2k junior parkruns for 4-14 year old and their families on Sunday mornings.
- Over 1,000 locations across UK.
- All events are delivered by local volunteer teams.
- They are not races, and people can walk, jog, run, volunteer or spectate.
- Parkruns are open to all, including those who are inactive of have health conditions.
- They are suitable for the whole family to take part in.
- All events are delivered in line with the parkrun Covid-19 Framework.
- There is a First Timer Welcome at every event.
- Participants register once via the parkrun website, print off their personal barcode and can then take part in any parkrun event in the UK and around the world.
Parkrun represents the best of humanity. The positivity of togetherness, the support, the warm encouragement. The opportunity to escape, to connect with nature, to find health and happiness through regular community activity.