WHAT TO DO WHEN THE SURGERY IS CLOSED
– If it’s a life-threatening emergency call 999
– If you need medical help but it’s not an emergency call 111
NHS 111 is the number to call when you need medical help fast but it’s not a life-threatening emergency. Calls to NHS 111 are FREE from landlines and mobiles and NHS 111 is available 24/7, every day of the year
WHEN TO CALL 111
You should call 111 when:
- You think you need to go to A&E or to another NHS urgent care service
- Your GP surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
- You don’t know who to call for medical help.
WHEN TO CALL 999
Call 999 for life threatening emergencies such as:
- Major accident or trauma
- Severe breathlessness
- Severe bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe chest pain
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT HAVE A DUTY DOCTOR AVAILABLE AFTER 6.00 P.M.
APPOINTMENTS BETWEEN 6.00 P.M. AND 7.30 P.M. ARE FOR ROUTINE, PRE-BOOKABLE APPOINTMENTS.
IF YOU REQUIRE MEDICAL ASSISTANCE AND IT IS A LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCY PLEASE CALL 999
IF YOU NEED MEDICAL HELP BUT IT IS NOT AN EMERGENCY, CALL 111. CALLS TO NHS 111 ARE FREE FROM LANDLINES AND MOBILES AND NHS 111 IS AVAILABLE 24/7, EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR