Please note that there is a national shortage of Hepatitis A vaccine. Whickham Practice have no Hepatitis A in stock and none available for the foreseeable future. Furthermore Public Health England are now expecting a national shortage of Hepatitis B vaccine. Nurses have been advised that vaccines need to be administered only to those at greatest risk. For this reason patients will be risk assessed within the surgery. Patients with low risk will not be offered Hepatitis B Vaccination.
1. PLEASE COMPLETE THE TRAVEL ASSESSMENT FORM BELOW PROVIDING AS MUCH INFORMATION ON YOUR TRIP AS POSSIBLE. THIS SHOULD INCLUDE EXACT AREAS TO BE VISITED AND ACTIVITIES PLANNED. THIS MUST BE 6-8 WEEKS PRIOR TO TRAVEL DATE. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT FORMS ANY SOONER AS VACCINATIONS/ DISEASE OUTBREAKS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. WE ALSO ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT TRAVELLERS WHO PROVIDE SHORT NOTICE DUE TO THE DEMANDS OF APPOINTMENTS WITHIN THE PRACTICE.
2. THE WHICKHAM PRACTICE DOES NOT HAVE THE CAPACITY TO PERFORM COMPLEX TRAVEL ASSESSMENTS IE THOSE WHO ARE TRAVELLING FOR MORE THAN 4 WEEKS AND LONG STAY TRAVELLERS.
3. IT IS ADVISED THAT COMPLEX TRAVELLERS ATTEND THEIR LOCAL TRAVEL CLINIC. HERE A COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL RISK ASSESSMENT CAN BE PERFORMED FROM PROFESSIONALS WHO ARE FULLY TRAINED IN TRAVEL.
4. FOLLOWING RISK ASSESSMENT FROM LOCAL TRAVEL CLINIC YOU SHOULD BE PROVIDED WITH WRITTEN INFORMATION ON VACCINATIONS/ANTI MALARIALS REQUIRED FOR YOUR TRIP.
5. SHOULD YOU REQUIRE TETANUS, HEPATITIS A OR TYPHOID THESE CAN BE GIVEN free of charge HERE AT THE WHICKHAM PRACTICE. (FOR BOOSTER HEP A THERE IS A £10 CHARGE) PLEASE BOOK A 20 MINUTE APPOINTMENT WITH THE PRACTICE NURSE BRINGING YOUR RISK ASSESSMENT WITH YOU .
PLEASE NOTE – JULY 2017
There is a national shortage of Hepatitis A (adult and child) and Pneumococcal vaccine (adult only). Both of these vaccines are completely out of stock for the foreseeable future. You may still be able to get these at travel clinics.
We shall keep everyone updated when this changes.
A link you may find useful if your planning to travel is: http://nathnac.net